The mission of athletic and extracurricular activities is to provide an environment that will compliment and enrich the overall quality of all students' educational experiences. The emphasis of the program is to provide opportunities that encourage the pursuit of lifetime activities, a sense of commitment and teamwork, and the development of personal character while maintaining an environment that values cultural diversity and gender among its students, athletes, coaches, and advisors.
Before any student can participate in any athletic program at LBHS, the following requirements must be met:
1. A parent/guardian, along with the student athlete, must complete this online registration.
2. There must be a valid physical on file in the nurse's office. Physicals are good for 364 days from the date of the exam. An athlete must have a valid physical on file on the date of the first practice. Students with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate.
3. FREE PHYSICALS: The Long Branch School District's School Based Youth Services will offer free physicals for student athletes who return a completed NJSIAA Health History form w/ a signed Sudden Cardiac Pamphlet sign-off sheet. If a student athlete missed any of the scheduled free physicals, they must download or pick up a copy of the NJSIAA Health History form from the school nurse and take it to their family doctor to receive an athletic physical. The doctor will record his findings on the Physical Evaluation Form.
4. All NJSIAA Health History forms need to be recorded by the school nurse once their physical has been completed by the doctor.
5. Parent/Guardian and the student-athlete are encouraged to take a number of free online courses on the National Federation of High Schools website: http://www.nfhslearn.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
LONG BRANCH ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, Jason M. Corley, CAA
Follow us on Twitter,
Follow us on Instagram,