PHILOSOPHY OF ATHLETICS
The Holt Public Schools District believes that interscholastic sports:
● Are an integral part of the total educational experience for all students.
● Provide opportunities and experiences which assist students in their personal adjustment
● Help meet the students’ needs.
● Provide good training habits necessary to learn sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership
● Provide the spirit of competition and sportsmanship for athletic teams.
A quality athletic program is the shared responsibility of the students, staff, parents and
community. It requires a supportive environment that allows for participation among students,
staff, and parents. It is our expectation that our athletes hold themselves to the highest standards
whether they are in the classroom, on the playing field, or in the community. It is our expectation
that our staff, coaches, parents and guardians, also, represent themselves and the school in a
positive way when they attend any athletic event, home or away. As with any successful team,
we must all work together to ensure that Holt athletics continue our tradition of excellence.