We believe that:
- Adolescents experience unique physical intellectual, social, and for some, cultural changes; for which we must create a flexible, yet secure environment which meets their needs.
- The successful development of an adolescent depends on support networks consisting of family teachers, mentors, administrators and community.
- Hillside Middle School must strive to build self-esteem through a community of teams who have mutual respect for both adults and adolescents.
- Our educational programs must demonstrate interdependence of the various disciplines in order that students value every aspect to their education.
- Our educational program must allow each student to experience success.
- Our program must create a basis for developing values and norms through individualized and interdisciplinary curricula.