Hempstead UFSD Athletics mission statement
“The Department of Athletics at the Hempstead Union Free School District provides opportunities for our student-athletes to receive a quality experience both in the classroom and in interscholastic competition. Athletics enhances the intellectual, social, and personal development of our student-athletes, helping them to grow through their experiences at the Hempstead Union Free School District and to prepare for meaningful careers and lives. Toward this purpose, the Department of Athletics promotes academic achievement, good sportsmanship, ethical conduct and equitable opportunity for students and staff. The guiding principle of the school district is to focus on academics first; therefore we view our successes based not on wins and losses but as linked to the educational mission of the school district and the welfare of our student-athletes.
Welcome to the Hempstead UFSD Family ID page please read the following requirements.
1 Complete this online registration.
· Read the "Hempstead UFSD Release of Information" statement below.
· Read the "Hempstead UFSD Requirements for Eligibility" section below.
2 Complete a Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation form and permission slip online through Family ID (Weight permit required for wrestling only)
3 Pay any outstanding fines or fees.
4 Demonstrate medical insurance coverage.
All athletes who wish to participate in after school athletics must be covered either by a Student Accident Insurance Program or a separate insurance program. More details are included in the insurance area of this form.
Hempstead UFSD Requirements for Eligibility
• A student cannot be failing two or more subjects. Any student who is failing two or more subjects will be placed on academic probation.
• Be a bonafide member of the school they represent
• Live within the service area of the Hempstead Union Free School District.
• Maintain amateur status in their sport or activity.
• Refrain from the use of illegal substances.
Hempstead UFSD Release of Information
Parents/guardians are responsible for filling out this registration completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department and coaches immediately.