Hanover Park Regional High School District Mission Statement
Our District reinforces that athletics are an essential extension of the educational program where our student-athletes develop both basic and life skills, learn morals and values, develop self-discipline and self esteem and practice positive sportsmanship. Partnership in the athletic program encourages the athlete to use his/her ability to think as an individual and to act as a member of a team. The athletic program fosters the district's six pillars of character: Citizenship, Caring, Fairness, Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility.
The NJSIAA, NJAC, and Hanover Park Regional School District emphasize the importance of good sportsmanship. The behavior of students, coaches and are guided by certain principles or expectations that we should all strive to meet. The following statements, in addition to the NJAC Code of Conduct, will serve as a guide to everyone’s actions while in attendance at Whippany Park High School athletic events.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation for the rules of the contest.
- Exercise representative behavior at all times.
- Recognize and appreciate skilled performances, regardless of affiliation.
- Exhibit respect of the officials.
- Display openly a respect for the opponents at all times.
- Display pride in your actions at every opportunity.
NJAC Code of Conduct
- Accept the decision of the officials.
- Do not endanger the safety or comfort of players, coaches, officials and/or school administration.
- Refrain from actions which are deemed unsportsmanlike by the officials and/or school administration.
- Spirit signs, noisemakers, food and drinks are prohibited in the gym.
- Violation of this code may result in ejection.
All sports schedules can be found online at rSchoolToday.com