It is the intent of the Haddon Heights Athletic Department to provide in the junior and senior high schools a comprehensive program of interscholastic athletics for girls and boys. The program shall be managed and teams coached in a manner to achieve the following objective:
• Promote individual and team desire for excellence while emphasizing that interscholastic sports are kept in perspective and that the first priority for all students is intellectual and emotional growth.
• Encourage enjoyment of competition, a desire to win and a healthy perspective toward winning and losing.
• Develop the self-confidence and self-respect of each team member.
• Develop the specialized talents, skills and physical fitness of each participant.
• Develop attitudes and skills, which foster teamwork, cooperation, loyalty and spirit.
• Develop the highest degree of sportsmanship, sense of fair play, and respect for coaches, game officials, and especially fellow athletes, both teammates and opponents.