Welcome to Freeland Community Schools Athletic Program.
The Freeland Community School District shares the mission:
The purpose of the Freeland Community School District is to prepare students to be successful adults by providing a challenging curriculum that connects students’ lives to their future in a safe and supportive environment.
The Freeland Community School District’s Athletic programs work to extend education outside the classroom to further extend the mission statement of the school district. Educational athletics provide many benefits to help round out a students educational experience. These benefits include improved school performance, helps to keep students in better physical shape and develops important life skills such as teamwork, leadership, discipline and communication.
As a student completes their athletic registration, they are about to become part of a long and successful athletic tradition here at Freeland. It is a tradition that is also the pride of and supported by the Freeland community. Without the support of our community, the success of our programs would not be possible.
The registration process includes:
- A sports physical that must be completed and on file at the athletic department office. The physical must be dated after April 15, 2020. ****FOR 2020-21 ONLY: If your athlete had a physical on file for the last school year, they can complete the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire in place of the annual physical. This will fill the requirement for their sports physical, as long as all of their answers are NO.
- Athletes and parent(s) must review the 2020-21 Athletic Handbook
- Athletes and parent(s) must read and review the concussion information in the handbook
- The athletic registration fee must be paid
- Signatures are required to verify the above requirements have been met.
Once all of these requirements have been met, your athlete is able to tryout/practice for his or her team.
We look forward to another successful school year and athletic year. If you have any questions or concerns you can call the athletic office at (989) 695-5986, or email the contacts listed.