The philosophy of the Athletic Department is no different than the mission statement of the school. Athletics are considered to be an extension of the academic school day. All of our coaches are expected to be teachers who not only teach proper techniques of their sport, but who also work to build character and prepare young men to carry the Christian values they learn at CM into their adult life. The Athletic Department believes that participation in sports provides a wealth of opportunities and experiences.
- To teach proper morals and ethics regarding competition.
- To enable as many students as possible to experience the benefits of team membership.
- To acquire and develop athletic skills.
- To improve physical conditioning as a requisite for good health.
- To develop appropriate attitudes toward competition, sportsmanship, and self-discipline